Technical Support Analyst - Tier 2: Edmonton, AB
• Are you the kind of person who as a kid took apart computers to see how they work?
• Are you in IT because you love technology and not because you are looking for a career?
• Does helping people make you feel great?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer focused, Technical Support Analyst - Tier 2 in Edmonton, AB to join our team.
About the position . . .
Our help desk team is the heart of the company! You are called to provide IT support to our health care professionals requests coming in via email, phone, or our client portal. We strive to take the worry out of our clients so they can provide the best care to what matters the most, their patients!
Beyond having good technical knowledge, we are looking for team members who can communicate effectively, understand the client’s problem, and explain its solution. Uncompromising client focus is what had made the company successful and is required from all our staff!
• Assist with Tier 1 technician escalations
• Monitor Help Desk for tickets assigned to the queue
• Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
• Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
• Walk customers through problem solving process
• Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
• Ensure proper ticket recording, documentation and closure
• Recommended procedure modifications or improvements as needed
• Field work and travel required in and around Edmonton (30-40% of work time)
• Minimum 4 years proven working experience in IT help desk / technical support role
• ITIL v3 Foundation, A+ certification, Network+, or Sec+
• Education: College degree in Computer Science
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are extremely important in this role
• Strong documentation skills, excellent verbal and written communication
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• The ability to multitask and have strong organization skills
• Problem resolution skills
• Willing and open to learn new skills
• Take ownership of responsibilities
• Exemplary attendance and punctuality
• Clean driving record & valid Ontario driving license
• Strong network setup/troubleshooting skills
• Understanding in Routing and Switching protocols
• Connectivity troubleshooting (wired & wireless)
• Ability to setup/troubleshoot firewalls, routers, switches, and modems
• Experience configuring both Windows and Mac computers
• Operating system support (Windows OS, Mac OS )
• Printer setup and support
• Experience configuring/troubleshooting servers
• The following are not required but considered a plus
***Experience using Fortinet, Ubiquity firewalls/products
***Knowledge of EMR applications
***ConnectWise Ticketing System
***Using remote managements tools (screen connect etc)
***Networking certification an asset
Duties are indicative only and may change as business requirements demand.
To apply please send us via email a copy of your resume referencing Technical Support Analyst – Tier 2: Edmonton, AB at firstname.lastname@example.org